Inovio (NASDAQ:INO) is set to open 10% higher this morning after the promising address by CEO & President Dr. Joseph Kim on the H.C Wainwright 22nd Annual Investment Conference. Dr. Kim advised that the initiation of Phase 2 trials for their COVID-19 vaccine INO-4800 is on track to commence later this month. The CEO also addressed he is “very confident” INO will acquire additional external funding to accelerate these Phase 2 trials. Since the address on the 14th, INO has gained serious momentum. It seems INO has put itself back into the spotlight on Wallstreet. Lets breakdown what you need to know regarding the conference call and what the future looks like for INO.
Summarising the conference call – here’s what you need to know
The address by the CEO shed light on INO’s confidence regarding the imminent outlook for INO’s COVID-19 vaccine. The key points are as follows:
- INO are “confident” Phase 2 trials will begin later this month after publication of the Phase 1 trial in the coming weeks.
- Phase 1 human trials showed immunological responses in 100% of the 38 patients
- Phase 1 non-human primate trials showed strong neuturalising T body immune responses in primates
- CEO Dr. Kim advised investors to “stay tuned” for possible upcoming funding INO are expecting to receive coming into the Phase 2 trials – speculators believe the funding will come from WARP
- INO plan to expand their Phase 2 trials globally, after receiving approval from the Chinese Government to conduct human trials in China with INO-4800 as well as the possibility of South Korea
- Thermo Fisher partnership will allow INO to produce 100 million doses of INO-4800 in 2021 and further expansion for 2022
INO forecasts and outlook
Before I begin, I am obliged to remind our viewers that this is not advice but rather investment commentary from extensive research.
It seems the imminent future looks strong for INO as the company is on track to commence Phase 2 human trials at the end of September, according to CEO Dr. Kim. Not to mention the added potential funding for Phase 2 trials which if history tells us anything – it’s good news. However, speculators have snapped up the opportunity to buy INO yesterday suggesting a pull back is imminent (opinion not advice). The expected news to break this month however, is a positive sign for long term shareholders. Especially if Phase 2 trials can be commenced by the end of this month.
INO Forecasts by analysts
The 12 month forecasts from analysts according to CNN data suggest a median price target of $16 with a high end target at $36 and low end target at $8. These forecasts are heavily weighted upon the success of INO-4800. 5 analysts according to Nasdaq data suggest an average 12 month price target at $19 a share. The forecasts are definitely bullish at this stage with the potential commercialisation of the COVID vaccine.
INO investor Outlook
An interesting concept is to consider that INO will not be proportionally effected the same as other SP 500 corporations. Its stock price tends to fluctuate violently on company news and trial data and not COVID related market downturns (according to recent historic data). This is the associated risk with a stock like INO which heavily relies on its own success in the COVID trials.
In summary, the confidence from CEO Dr. Kim has reflected on Wallstreet. We await to review the publication of Phase 1 data and the announcement of Phase 2 trials in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy our article or are wanting to learn more, you can subscribe to us by turning on notifications to get updates when we post a new article. From all of us at YIG, thank you for the support.
The information above is not financial advice. Youth Investment Group has no liability for personal financial interests or investment decisions. You should make your own investment decisions based upon your own research and what you believe is best for you.